The TCG Secretariat announced the 8th Meeting of the Technical Cooperation Group on the Indicators for SDG4-Education 2030 (TCG 8).
The TCG 8 was held on 2 November 2021 and focused on:
- Providing an update on the global, thematic and regional methodological developments to fill data gaps, including:
- New reporting of administrative data, including expenditure
- New developments on learning outcome indicators
- New developments on household survey-based indicators
- Population estimates: call for a task force;
- Discussing regional and national engagements within the TCG working arrangements;
- Presenting status, finalization, and next steps for SDG 4 benchmarks.
TCG Working Groups Meetings
The working group, chaired by Mr Alpha Bah (Gambia), met on 26 October 2021 and presented and discussed:
- Concept Note and Agenda (WG/EMIS/1)
- Expanding Data Collection Tools and Options (WG/EMIS/2)
- Proposal: A Hybrid Approach to the Use of Population Data for Education Indicators (WG/EMIS/3)