SDG 4 Data Digests
The 2021 edition of the SDG 4 Data Digest, National SDG 4 Benchmarks: Fulfilling Our Neglected Commitment by the UIS and the Global Education Monitoring Report (GEMR) presents the idea behind benchmark setting in education and the steps taken since 2017 to fulfil this commitment, including the selection of SDG 4 benchmark indicators.
It also reviews what these benchmark values mean for the probability of achieving SDG 4 by 2030. The discussion serves as a stark reminder to all parties of the importance of setting national education targets and of properly financing them, particularly in the face of the difficulties brought upon the sector by COVID-19.
- SDG 4 Data Digest 2020: Using Household Survey Data to Monitor SDG 4 (French, Spanish)
- UIS Blog: SDG 4 Data Digest for 2020 Highlights Importance of Using Household Surveys, 18 January 2021
- SDG 4 Data Digest 2019: How to Produce and Use the Global and Thematic Education Indicators (French, Spanish)
- SDG 4 Data Digest 2018: Data to Nurture Learning (executive summary in French and Spanish)
- SDG 4 Data Digest 2017: The Quality Factor: Strengthening National Data (available in French and Spanish)
- SDG 4 Data Digest 2016: Laying the Foundation to Measure Sustainable Development Goal 4 (available in French and Spanish)