Introduction of the page
1st meeting in Washington, DC in May 2016
- Organization of the TCG and work proposal for the group was defined.
- Two working groups were created.
- A proposal on the establishment of the SDG 4 global indicators, based on a regional consultations during 2015 and 2016, was submitted by the Inter-agency and Expert Group on SDG Indicators (IAEG-SDG) to the UN Statistical Commission (UNSC) and approved at the 47th Session of UNSC. The list of SDG 4 global indicators was also adopted by the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) in July, and by the UN General Assembly (UNGA) in September.
- A proposal of a set of SDG 4 thematic indicators was submitted to the TCG by the Technical Advisory Group (TAG), Members States and central statistics offices (CSO).
- DOCUMENTs Education 2030 Framework for Action
- Tier classification: 3 tiers were defined
2nd meeting of TCG in Madrid, Spain in October 2016
- Addition of reporting on placeholders indicators, indicators WHICH WHAT?
- Metadata for SDG 4 indicators
3rd meeting of the TCG in Montreal, Canada in June 2017
- Reporting: 29 indicators
- 4.7.2, 4.a.2, 4.3.1, 4.6.3, 4.b.2, 4.2.3, 4.7.1, 4.5.2, 4.5.3, 4.a.3
4th meeting of the TCG in Dubai, UEA in January 2018
Reporting 33 indicators
- 4.a.2, 4.a.3, 4.6.3, 4.7.2
- monitoring education and equity, 4.2.3, 4.3.1, 4.5.2, 4.5.3, 4.6.3, 4.7.1, 4.7.2, 4.a.2, 4.a.3
- Benchmarking discussion
5th meeting in Mexico City, Mexico in November 2018
Reporting on 33 indicators
- 4.1.1, completion rate (4.1.2), OOSC (4.1.4), 4.2.3, 4.2.4, 4.3.1, 4.4.3, 4.5.2, 4.a.1(d)
- Results of Benchmark Consultation
6th meeting in Yeveran, Armenia in August 2019
Reporting on 37 indicators
- (Additional indicators - New ?) 4.7.4, 4.7.5, 4.5.2
- 4.1.1, 4.1.2, 4.1.5, 4.3.1, 4.4.3, 4.5.2, 4.5.3, 4.7.1, 4.7.4, 4.7.5, 4.a.1, 4.c.1, 4.c.3, 4.c.5, Benchmarks,
- Deletion on indicator 4.b.2
- Global Coalition for Education Data (invite other organisations to contribute)
7th meeting of the TCG (virtual) in October 2020
- Covid-19 response
- Benchmark implementation
- Expansion of TCG membership